Adults in Motion has developed a list of new Service Options in response to our evolving COVID-19 situation. These services include robust safety measures in coordination with public health and guidelines. More Service Options will continue to be added as safety precautions permit until we reach the final goal of reopening the program.
While we recognize these services will not be a fit for all participants, these Service Options have been designed to make the most of what we CAN do and provide us a path for moving forward. These services are designed as stepping stones for participants, families and staff as we work together to safely transition back to our new routine. We encourage your participation!
Benefits of signing up for these services:
* Parameters of services and fees are subject to change pending COVID-19 developments, health and safety and post COVID-19 factors.
Virtual Programming (ZOOM)
donation appreciated (receipt provided)
One-to-One Phone / Video calls with staff
(weather dependant at some sites)
Outdoor Program Visits *UPDATED
Outdoor visits in a 2:1 participant to staff ratio at your program site for a 2-hour activity time. Provides an organized environment for ‘AIM activities’ and neighbourhood walks while practicing physical distancing and wearing a mask or shield. (Hamilton visiting site is modified, please contact us).
- KITCHENER: Monday through Thursday 12:00-2:00 or 2:30-4:30
- CAMBRIDGE: Tuesday & Wednesdays 12:00-2:00 or 2:30-4:30
- OAKVILLE: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00-2:00 or 2:30-4:30
- HAMILTON: Tuesday & Wednesdays 12:00-2:00 or 2:30-4:30
For participants who do not meet criteria, please contact us to discuss possible solutions.
Donate to support
During COVID-19 there are countless volunteer hours being donated by staff to support our Adults in Motion families. If you would like to show thanks and/or support these efforts, please consider making a one-time or ongoing monthly donation. Thank you!
Essential Service Needs
If you believe you are in need of essential supports from Adults in Motion, please contact your program directly by email. We will then reach out to you and assess if we can meet your essential needs on an individual basis.
Possible reasons for Essential Service needs:
- You work front line and need care for your individual
- You have a mandatory recall back to work and need care
- You have serious health needs as a caregiver
- Other reasons you believe qualify you for essential supports
A Message from your Directors
Our day program sites are currently closed in an effort to keep safe and fight the spread of COVID-19. However, rest assured we are working hard to re-create our services to bring you more connections and opportunities for support. We are focused on safety, creativity and being good leaders in making smart decisions for moving forward.